Air Quality Quiz
Have you experienced any of the following?
High utility bills
Hot and/or cold spots in your home
If you answered yes, you need a blower door test! All of those problems can be caused by air infiltration issues.
Do you know if your house is excessive leaky or overly sealed? Without a blower door test, it can be impossible to determine where your home falls in the range of acceptable air infiltration.
Always sick? It may be your air.
- Your home may be too tight. Or the wrong kind of air is seeping in.
- Excessive moisture creates a damp environment for bacteria to thrive.
- Damp under circulated air can harbor bacteria and toxins.
We want to improve your air quality and your health. By performing a blower door test, we can confirm if your house is overly sealed and recommend the best ventilation system.
High utility bills? Does your AC never shut off?
You may have:
- Many small leaks that add up to a large problem
- A sizable but hidden opening in your attic
- Old or missing weatherstripping
- Windows or door with gaps or trouble sealing
If you recently moved into your home, a blower door can reveal issues not found in the initial home inspection. Even small leaks can be a problem. Many small infiltration points can be the equivalent of one very big hole.
Do you know where your air has been?
Customers who receive a blower door test find leaks from:
- Dusty and damp crawlspaces
- Hot, humid attics
- Toxin laden garages
We can help! Our skilled technicians can perform a air infiltration analysis with a blower door test to determine if your home is too tight or too leaky.
What are the benefits of a Blower Door Test?
- A blower door test measures the amount of air infiltrating into the house.
- A blower door test can reveal leaks hiding in places you rarely go, like attics and crawlspaces.
What is a Blower Door device?
- A large fan is set up in your front door, the doorway is then sealed.
- The fan blows air to the outside until the house is pressurized to 50 pascals.
- A measurement is then taken to determine how leaky your house is. This measurement is your ACH50.
SCHEDULE A BLOWER DOOR TEST TODAY 904 241-3785
New code requirements:
- Effective July 2017, every new home constructed in the state of Florida must pass a Blower Door inspection.
If your home was constructed prior to 2017, it likely did not have to undergo this extra level of inspection.