Air Quality Quiz
Have you experienced any of the following?
- Frequent illness
- Musty odor
- High humidity
- Moisture buildup
- High utility bills
- Hot and/or cold spots in your home
OR CALL NOW (904) 241-3785
If you answered yes, you need a blower door test! All of those problems can be caused by air infiltration issues.
Do you know if your house is excessive leaky or overly sealed? Without a blower door test, it can be impossible to determine where your home falls in the range of acceptable air infiltration.
Always sick? It may be your air.
Your home may be too tight. Or the wrong kind of air is seeping in. Excessive moisture creates a damp environment for bacteria to thrive. Damp under circulated air can harbor bacteria and toxins. We want to improve your air quality and your health. By performing a blower door test, we can confirm if your house is overly sealed and recommend the best ventilation system.
High utility bills? Does your AC never shut off?
You may have:
- Many small leaks that add up to a large problem
- A sizable but hidden opening in your attic
- Old or missing weatherstripping
- Windows or door with gaps or trouble sealing
If you recently moved into your home, a blower door can reveal issues not found in the initial home inspection. Even small leaks can be a problem. Many small infiltration points can be the equivalent of one very big hole.
Do you know where your air has been?
Customers who receive a blower door test find leaks from:
- Dusty and damp crawlspaces
- Hot, humid attics
- Toxin laden garages
We can help! Our skilled technicians can perform a air infiltration analysis with a blower door test to determine if your home is too tight or too leaky.
What are the benefits of a Blower Door Test?
- A blower door test measures the amount of air infiltrating into the house.
- A blower door test can reveal leaks hiding in places you rarely go, like attics and crawlspaces.
What is a Blower Door device?
- A large fan is set up in your front door, the doorway is then sealed.
- The fan blows air to the outside until the house is pressurized to 50 pascals.
- A measurement is then taken to determine how leaky your house is. This measurement is your ACH50.
New code requirements:
- Effective July 2017, every new home constructed in the state of Florida must pass a Blower Door inspection.
If your home was constructed prior to 2017, it likely did not have to undergo this extra level of inspection.