October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Facts About Breast Cancer:
- In the US, 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.
- The most significant risk factors for breast cancer are being female and aging. About 95% of all breast cancers in the US occur in women 40 and older.
- Getting a mammogram can help reduce the number of deaths from breast cancer by 30 to 40% among women ages 40 to 70.
- Breast cancer deaths have been declining since 1990 thanks to early detection, better screening, increased awareness, and new treatment options.
- Each year it is estimated that over 220,000 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,000 will die.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of death among women.
- In the US today, there are more than 2.9 million breast cancer survivors — the largest group of all cancer survivors.
- One woman will die of breast cancer every 13 minutes in the US.
- Every 19 seconds, someone in the world is diagnosed with breast cancer.
- A man’s lifetime risk of breast cancer is about 1 in 1,000.
- About 2,240 new cases of invasive breast cancer were expected to be diagnosed in men in 2013.
Donovan Heat and Air has partnered with Dome to design custom hats for our staff and customers for Breast Cancer Awareness. We couldn’t be more excited to spread some awareness about this very important issue.
Would you like a hat? We will be debuting these beauties in Lot X of TIAA Bank Stadium before the Jaguar VS Jets Game on October 27th. Come mingle with our staff and take home one of the gorgeous hats! (While supplies last.)